My Goals

By the end of Grade 12, I aim to have secured a driving license. I hope to have been accepted into my university of choice and I hope to speak Dutch like a true native. By the time that I finish uni, I want to have graduated with a Masters in Journalism or a related field. I hope to have a steady job in my chosen field and I want to have gone skydiving. Finally, by the time I become 31, I want to have traveled the world, found a loving wife and have found a house for me to settle down in.
There are a lot of new things coming into my life this year, but something new that I want to try is to revise without the need. Last year, I would not come home and revise my notes after a particular tense class, I would only revise when needed. I know and have seen the impact that this has had on other students, and I think it would be worth giving a try. I believe that the material we learn in this class will greatly help me gain a degree in journalism. This class gives me a great insight into a variety of different text types, meaning that I should be able to better my writing skills with new information. This class will also help me become more analytical, a skill I need if I hope to write professionally. One way I can directly achieve my goals over the next few years is to begin to learn how to drive a car. Currently I am able to take a Driving Test in Ireland, and with the amount of time I spend there over the summer and winter, it seems feasible. Over the next few years, I will also be able to work and improve my grades greatly, changing the likelihood of me being accepted into my uni of choice incredibly. Finally, according to my research, I must be 18 years old to skydive, meaning that in a little under a year and a half I should be able to complete this goal.

Comments